Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of the year

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Made a concerted effort to be "family"ish. It's bitten me in the ass repeatedly.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Zeke my cat.

5. What countries/states did you visit?
I went to Illinois to visit Mark and to Kentucky and Tennessee with Andrew.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
Peace, love and a hard cock.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I've had quite a few adventures this year. But probably when I got to meet Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Dealing with how much I've let people convince me I'm fat, negative, hostile, or whatever they decide to complain about that day.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My relationship with my MIL.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had some nasty colds.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I guess the trip to Dollywood. Or my tattoo.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Heather for going to back to school!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The MIL and probably most of her family.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, clothes, cheeseball and crackers...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I'm not sure I've been excitedX3 this year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Adir Adirim by Balkan Beat Box and You Aint No Big Thing by Holly Golightly.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
I'm just eh.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting so much energy on the MIL and second-guessing who I am.

20. How many one-night stands?
Same one night stand.

21. What was your favorite TV program?
Ghost Hunters and 30 Rock.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Ugh.

23. What was the best book you read?
I've read way too many good books this year.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This could go on forever.

25. What did you want and got?
My octopus tattoo.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Probably The Reader.

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had dinner with my friends and 35.

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my own place to live and a research job. Yes. Me Me Me!

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?


30. What kept you sane?
Books, my friends, dr pepper, cigarettes, Sephora and swimming.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?




32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I've been decidedly non-political this year.

33. Who did you miss?
I'm not getting into this.

34. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of people this year.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
At the end of the day all you have is YOU

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
The entire It's Not Me, It's You cd by Lily Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment