Friday, January 22, 2010

The Neverending Story....

This is the 10 Random Things About Me post. Mine will not be as Unicorn Fancy as C's..but here goes. If you have questions about anything feel free to ask.

1)I love Morrissey. My Life With Morrissey is one of my favorite movies.
Photobucket
(This is from a closet door in my old apartment. You'll get the humor in this photo soon.)

2)I love pitbulls. I would work with them full time if I could. These photos are of my Mae. This dog was amazing. Sadly, she is no longer with me.
Photobucket
Photobucket

3)I would love to travel the world exploring old buildings. I've been to some great places in the US but not any overseas. The one I wanted to see the most was Danvers State Hospital in Massachusetts. The building was an original Kirkbride. Now it has been renovated into condos. These photos are from Richmond State Hospital in NE Indiana. This hospital is still open.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is Katie wearing a "mouth guard" which then would attach to a tether on the wall.
Photobucket
One of my other favorite places is Mudlavia. This was a gangster hide-out in the 20's/30's. Most of it is gone now. What is left is very dangerous.
Photobucket
Photobucket

4)I read. A lot.
Photobucket
Photobucket

5) I have awesome friends who do things like this for my birthday:
Photobucket

6)When I was in grad school I worked for a Dominatrix. This was not in any way a sex thing for me. It just amused me that people would pay crazy amounts of money for me to spank them, tie up their man business, make them cry and write things like "dirty boy" and "bad dog" on them. And also my real hair color is blonde.
Photobucket

7)Speaking of grad school...This is where I thought I would learn to change the world for the better. Indiana University School of Social Work.
Photobucket

8)I have been self-injuring since about 5 years of age. My methods usually include cutting, burning and picking. It is a very unhealthy coping mechanism but it works for me. I do not intend to give it up any time soon. The ones in this photo are fairly shallow and from about a year ago. The shallow ones are sort like a quick fix for me. I can go in the bathroom and no one is the wiser.
Photobucket
I've had therapists on and off but nothing cures anxiety for me like the ritual of this.

9)My very first job in high school was at a Dairy Queen. I was fired my first day b/c I could not make change in my head and used the register.

10)As screwed up as my childhood was...I miss it.
Photobucket


So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment